1. pull a warrant (informal) – pedir mandado
• "Did you pull a warrant for Whitman's apartment?"
2. request a warrant – solicitar/requerer mandado judicial
• "Birmingham police do not make arrests, she said, but instead force her to take a witness before a magistrate and request a warrant."
3. require a warrant – exigir mandado judicial
• "The stored records ordinarily require a court order or require a warrant in connection with a crime."
4. rescind a warrant – anular mandado judicial
• "That way the warrant can be rescinded."
5. secure a warrant – obter mandado judicial
• "The store officer was advised to secure a warrant."
6. see a warrant – ver mandado judicial
• "This clip shows families asking in vain to see a warrant or get an explanation."
7. seek a warrant – obter/solicitar/requerer mandado judicial
• "Liberalize the rules for domestic spying, they urged. Free the National Security Agency (NSA) to use its powerful listening technology to eavesdrop on terrorist suspects on U.S. soil without having to seek a warrant for every phone number it tracked."
8. serve a warrant – intimar por mandado
• "The law requires that when served a warrant, we comply with the warrant and let the judicial system determine our ultimate guilt or innocence."
9. sign a warrant – assinar/expedir/emitir mandado judicial
• "The warrant was signed by a judge from another branch of government."
10. sign off on a warrant – assinar/expedir/emitir mandado judicial
• "I'm dealing with the express wishes of the district attorney and the judge that signed off on the warrant here."
11. swear out a warrant – obter mandado judicial [mediante declaração prestada sob juramento]
• "Why don't I go to Sheriff Klock, swear out a warrant, and we see who's right?"