26. jury proceedings – autos do processo do grande júri
• "[…] the indictment and the grand jury proceedings will stay sealed for a while."
27. jury process – processo do [tribunal do] júri
• "As a result, eight states are switching to the one-day, one-trial jury process where a person is summoned to appear only on one day."
28. jury question – questão submetida ao júri
• "The verdict came after days of debate over a jury question, which resulted in a precedent-setting ruling on Friday by the judge in the case, […], that supported the prosecution."
29. jury report – relatório do júri
• "A 1998 grand jury report concluded that roughly 70 of the department's 370 officers belonged to the Family, and said the group's members had received preferential treatment in assignments."
30. jury room – sala das deliberações [do júri]
• "As night falls, the deliberations inside the jury room are increasingly contentious."
31. jury secrecy – sigilo do procedimento do júri, segredo de justiça do procedimento do júri
• "Indeed, under the rules of grand jury secrecy, they can't disclose what's said in the grand jury, unless it comes out in a public court proceeding."
32. jury selection – escolha dos jurados
• "During jury selection, Cook's fellow lawyers advised him to use his peremptory strikes to remove from the jury both a military veteran and an 81-year-old woman, neither of whom fit the profile they were looking for."
33. jury subpoena – mandado de intimação para produção de provas
• "The primary tool of a criminal investigation is the grand jury subpoena, 106 which may be used both to gather documents and command testimony."
34. jury summons – convocação para comparecer para o serviço do júri
• "Those who simply ignore the jury summons are a source of great frustration to many judges and court clerks."
35. jury system – tribunal do júri, sistema do júri
• "A key benefit of the jury system is its role in educating people about the court system."
36. jury tampering – crime de influenciar a composição e/ou decisões do júri no curso de uma ação. No Brasil, não há previsão de crime com a mesma denominação. Há, todavia, diversos tipos penais que poderiam ser usados como correspondentes em contextos específicos, entre eles: corrupção ativa (art. 333), coação no curso do processo (art. 344), fraude processual (art. 347), todos do código penal. Em inglês, há também o termo embracery ou imbracery, que é o crime de tentar influenciar jurado a decidir em favor de uma determinada parte em processo judicial mediante suborno.
• "Hoffa was sentenced to eight years for mail fraud and jury tampering."
37. jury testimony – depoimento [prestado] perante o tribunal do júri
• "Telling another witness about grand jury testimony is lawful as long as it is not an attempt to influence the other witness's testimony."
38. jury trial – julgamento pelo júri
• "The right to jury trial, however, may be waived or forfeited if not demanded in a timely manner once litigation commences."
39. jury verdict – sentença proferida pelo júri, veredicto. (obs.: no Brasil, é o juiz-presidente que profere a sentença.)
• "David Gaouette, acting U.S. attorney for Colorado, said the ruling " reaffirms what the government has believed from the beginning, that the jury verdict finding Mr. Nacchio guilty was indeed correct."
40. jury waiver – renúncia ao direito de julgamento pelo júri, renúncia ao direito de ser julgado pelo júri
• "But a jury waiver clause is generally found to be enforceable if the contract itself is enforceable. In one instance, a jury waiver clause was enforced despite a request by both parties for a jury trial at the commencement of litigation."
41. jury witness – testemunha que presta depoimento perante o júri
• "No grand jury witness is entitled to have his lawyer present."