Colocações verbais com o termo warrant
Além de co-ocorrer com determinados nomes (e.g. arrest warrant – mandado de prisão), o substantivo warrant co-ocorre naturalmente com lexemas de outras classes gramaticais como preposições (e.g. without a warrant - sem mandado) e verbos (e.g. execute a warrant – cumprir mandado).
Acerca das colocações verbais, Tagnin (2005) esclarece que: 'Existem substantivos que co-ocorrem naturalmente com determinados verbos, mas que podem diferir de uma língua para outra'.
Em outras palavras, embora em português usemos os verbos anular, cumprir e intimar com mandado, em inglês as traduções correspondentes a essas combinações comportam verbos diferentes, tais como rescind, execute e serve, respectivamente.
Abaixo, algumas colocações verbais com o termo warrant na estrutura verbo + warrant. Os correspondentes são sugeridos por nós, os exemplos, extraídos do COCA1.
1. arrest on a warrant – prender com mandado judicial
• "On October 3, spymaster Werner Grossman was arrested on a warrant issued some time earlier, but was released the next day."
2. execute a warrant – cumprir mandado judicial
• "On April 2004, agents from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the U.S. Forest Service surrounded a trailer outside Grants, New Mexico, to execute a search warrant."
3. get a warrant – obter/conseguir mandado judicial
• "As for the necklace that was left on the grave in California, it did not contain any relevant DNA, but detectives still have enough of a case against Castaneda to get a warrant for his arrest."
4. have a warrant – possuir mandado judicial
• "I have a warrant to search this warehouse."
5. issue a warrant – expedir/extrair mandado judicial
• "In one week's time we were able to get enough evidence to convince a judge to issue a warrant to go seize that property."
6. justify a warrant – justificar expedição de mandado judicial
• "Both benches said that since I haven't talked to Whitman yet, they didn't believe I had enough probable cause to justify a warrant at this time."
7. need a warrant – precisar de mandado judicial
• "But do you need a warrant for this kind of information?"
8. obtain a warrant – obter mandado judicial
• "Investigators obtain a warrant and search Garcia's $900,000 home, 15 miles from the casino."
9. order a warrant – emitir/expedir mandado judicial
• "A student leader, he took to the jungles when Diem's police ordered a warrant for his arrest."
10. produce a warrant – produzir mandado judicial
• "He was questioning Armand Rojas, the day-shift doorman, but stopped as soon as Harry appeared at the door, and produced a warrant to search the apartment."
1 Corpus of Contemporary American English disponível em http://www.americancorpus.org