1. baby blues – "The magnitude of birth and the overwhelming responsibility that goes with being a new mom leave many women with the "baby blues": feeling sad and anxious for several days after giving birth".
Tradução: melancolia pós-parto
2. blue book – "Before we had the blue book, no one wanted to hear anything about obscenity and the Internet".
Tradução: dados estatísticos
3. blue collar – "How can we expect the great legal progress on civil rights to pay off... in a high tech society with one-third of black children without a blue collar education"?
Tradução: formação em nível técnico
4. blue ribbon – "Professor James H. Laue of George Mason University's Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution has suggested that true and full resolution of conflict occurs only through negotiation or some other form of joint problem-solving involving the parties to the conflict - not in any lasting or ultimate form, through military action, control, coercion, blue ribbon panels, or expert advice".
Tradução: órgão consultivo comissionado formado por indivíduos de notável saber (Exemplos: Warren Commission, que investigou a morte de Kennedy, 9/11 Commission que investigou o atentado de 11 de setembro)
5. blue sky laws – "Rediker's partner, Thomas L. Krebs, is intimately familiar with Alabama's blue sky laws. He's a former state securities director who helped write many of them".
Tradução: legislação regulando a circulação de valores mobiliários
6. blue water – "China has yet to develop a blue water capability".
Tradução: capacidade de navegar no mar internacional, marinha de guerra