1. in white – "He was already in white".
Tradução: de branco
2. nonwhites – "We know that if whites and nonwhites vote in the same percentages as they did in 2000, Bush will be re-defeated by 3 million votes, " Bond told his audience".
Tradução: população não branca
3. white – "Ironically, the Democratic Party also included one of the most conservative constituencies in the nation - southern whites - whose partisanship reflected a lingering revulsion for the party of Lincoln rather than a commitment to self-centered values".
4. white bill – "The DAB has called on the government to issue its fifth report on constitutional development and to introduce a white bill on political reform as soon as possible to gather more public views on the issue2".
Tradução: projeto de lei que submetido à opinião pública
5. white collar crime – "These measures, including a generous posture by the interviewers and the redefinition of many offenses as white collar crimes, set the stage for the board of appeals to recommend that the sentences of seventy-seven of ninety-three defendants be reduced and almost half the outstanding death sentences be commuted".
Tradução: crime de colarinho branco
6. white collar employee/worker – "Usually, members include not only production workers but also supervisors, fore-men and most of the white collar employees below the management level".
7. White House – "Obama meets with Gates once a week at the White House, something he does with only two other cabinet officers".
Tradução: Casa Branca, presidência dos Estados Unidos, o presidente dos Estados Unidos
8. white knight – "A white knight is a person who is asked to acquire a company as an alternative to an unwanted black knight, who is the investor initiating a hostile takeover bid".
Tradução: empresa que adquire controle de outra de forma não hostil
9. white out – "Some information appeared to be " whited out, " without explanation".
10. white paper – "The objectives of the White Paper are to create an individual market out of 12 independent markets, market expansion, and market flexibility".
Tradução: relatório oficial
11. white slavery – "In the movie, a pair of Chinese henchmen hang around Mrs. Meers' boardinghouse, waiting to grab young women and sell them into white slavery".
Tradução: tráfico de pessoas
12. white with fury – "My companion's face was white with fury".
Tradução: vermelho de raiva
13. whites - "It was a wedding picture, taken during World War II, and George is dressed in his Navy whites, and Ethel is wearing a white wedding dress of the period".
Tradução: uniforme da marinha
14. whites – "We know that if whites and nonwhites vote in the same percentages as they did in 2000, Bush will be re-defeated by 3 million votes, " Bond told his audience".
Tradução: população branca